In a bid to further ease transitions during this uncertain period caused by the COVID-19 pandemic, Microsoft have announced a range of deadline extensions.
The deadline extensions cover Team Member licences, storage, portals and Dynamics 365 plans:
Dynamics 365 Team Member Licences
- Customers who acquired Team Member licences prior to October 1st, 2018 will now be able to renew up until December 31st, 2020 (extended from June 30th). From January 1st, 2021, renewing customers would then need to renew on the new licence.
- Technical enforcement of the Team Member licence (which we covered previously here) will now come into effect on January 31st, 2021 (extended from September 30th).
Dynamics 365 Storage and Production/Sandbox Licences
Existing Dynamics 365 customers will be able to renew their existing Dynamics 365 storage and Production/Sandbox use rights up until December 31st, 2020 (extended from June 30th, 2020). Renewals after this date will be on the new storage model. In the meantime, customers can continue using their existing storage and Dynamics 365 instances.
Dynamics 365 Portals
Existing Dynamics 365 customers will be able to renew their Portal use rights up until December 31st, 2020 (extended from June 30th, 2020). Renewals after this date will be based on the new licensing model.
Dynamics 365 Plans
Renewing Dynamics 365 Plan, Customer Engagement Plan and Unified Operations Plan can use qualifying offers to transition to the attach model up until June 30th, 2021 (extended from June 30th, 2020).
These deadline extensions should hopefully provide organisations ample time to prepare for the shifts in licensing and enforcement. If you are an existing Strategy 365 client and wish to discuss any of the changes above, please get in touch.
- Upcoming Dynamics 365 Team Member Licence enforcement
- Dynamics 365 Storage Model changes
- Dynamics 365 Portal changes